masochism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sexual pleasure obtained from receiving punishment (physical or psychological)
- The provider also revealed that Lin had visited a gay website and had entered a chat room dedicated to sado-masochism.
- In a 1969 speech against war protesters, he said, "A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as .
- It is the formula for masochism.
- Avigdor Lieberman in BBC News
Strategic Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman denounced the book on army radio, blaming "the masochism and defeatism of the Israeli left, which constantly seeks to apologise, while we did what we had to".
- Paul Krugman in DailyFinance
This is getting ugly,economist Paul Krugman wrote on his New York Times blog. "The US needs to be thinking about how to insulate itself from European masochism."
- John McCain in Los Angeles Times
There'sa certain trace of masochism in my family,McCain said. "But not that deep."