- v give a masculine appearance or character to
Fashion designers have masculinized women's looks in the 1990s
- v produce virilism in or cause to assume masculine characteristics, as through a hormonal imbalance or hormone therapy
the drugs masculinized the teenage girl
- According to some experimenters, the presence of the male hormone testosterone in the fetus may "masculinize" the brain, organizing the fetal nerve centers in characteristic ways.
- Twin A, he adds, is ambiguous because the number of cells carrying a male-determining chromosome was not high enough to masculinize the twin.
- He reported that he had stripped the hydrogen atom from the sex-hormone molecule, thus ridding it of the power to masculinize or feminize, then administered it to women with .
News & Articles
- Journey between XX, XY: Getting closer to unravelling mystery of sexual ambiguity
In both humans and mammals, sexual development is a long process. In most cases, the genetic sex (XX or XY) results in the development of the corresponding gonadal sex (ovaries or testes), which in turn secretes hormones that will masculinize or feminize the fetus. But throughout gonadal development, various accidents may occur, giving rise to a wide range of alterations and ambiguities ...
May 5, 2014 - Science Daily