marred : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make imperfect
nothing marred her beauty
- v destroy or injure severely
- s blemished by injury or rough wear
walls marred by graffiti
- Although the most sought after stars graced the occasion, the award ceremony was marred by sloganeering and shouting.
- The ugly head butting incident marred an otherwise exciting and truly sensational game of football.
- Their mission in the Iraqi city was marred by violence, but British troops are preparing to leave a city that's bouncing back.
News & Articles
- US Open Leaderboard 2013: Which Stars Are on Top After Day 2?
After severe thunderstorms marred Day 1 at the 2013 U.S. Open, players returned to Merion Golf Club's East Course on Friday, many looking to improve on their opening round effort and survive the weekend cut. But despite some stellar play from relative unknown Billy Horschel, Merion has gotten the better of the world's best golfers through the first half of this June's major. Horschel stole the ...
June 15, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- UN Climate Talks Marred by Decision-Making Spat
UN climate talks marred by dispute over how decisions are made in 2-decade-long process
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Is Xbox One the ‘future of PRISM’?
The Xbox One has been a public relations nightmare so far for Microsoft. The console’s debut was marred by unclear policies and misinformation, and gamers haven’t been shy in letting Microsoft know how they feel. But it’s not just the used game policy, game-sharing limitations and connectivity requirements that have people up in arms — some gamers are absolutely outraged at one of the Xbox One’s ...
June 14, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Ban Ki-moon in The Australian
Her tenure in the academy was marred, in my view, by her decision to punish the military, and would be recruits, for a policy-'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' and the Solomon amendment-that was enacted by members of Congress and signed into law by President... Jon Kyl http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Kyl&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOosnM_8rDA_br8GJDlL5QgXk0fQ Harvard Crimson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/6/29/kagan-during-political-law/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFxf1iL4QcnTNpGTHbAeS9LIulucA Jun 28, 2010
61526 82097 marred The campaign of violence and intimidation that has marred this election has done a great disservice to the people of the country and must end immediately," Mr Ban said.
- Roy Hodgson in Telegraph.co.uk
Hodgson said: "It was a wonderful night. Shakhtar showed what a good team they are; their ability to pass and keep the ball is as good as I've seen in 35 years. The only thing that marred the evening was the sending off of Murphy, who had a very...