marmoreal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or characteristic of marble
- The "marmoreal banks" of Collyer Quay are there too, even if their employees no longer take mid-morning tiffin or quit for a game of tennis in the late afternoon, as Blackett did.
- This year's Bawl Street Journal, annual Manhattan Bond Club parody of the marmoreal Wall Street Journal, tried hard last week to keep its cracks aimed below Canal Street.
- Flags fluttered from every eminence of Ankara's massive, marmoreal railroad station.
- Luca Turin in Sydney Morning Herald
Turin describes the effect, one which transformed the way perfumers thought about their craft: "These molecules lent an abstract, marmoreal, blue-white radiance to what would otherwise have been a lush but relatively tame floral. To understand what...