marine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of the United States Marine Corps
- n a soldier who serves both on shipboard and on land
- a of or relating to the sea
- a relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen
- a of or relating to military personnel who serve both on land and at sea (specifically the U.S. Marine Corps)
- a relating to or characteristic of or occurring on or in the sea
- s native to or inhabiting the sea
marine plants and animals such as seaweed and whales
- A comprehensive two-year study of the all the world's oceans finds some hopeful gains in marine health, thanks to controls in overfishing.
- He later studied in Europe where he won acclaim in his work with marine life.
- With the creation of three new marine monuments in the central Pacific Ocean, President Bush will have protected more of the ocean than anyone else in the world.
News & Articles
- Marine rape victim speaks?
A 23-year-old Washington, D.C. woman who alleges she was raped on a Marine Corps base just blocks from the U.S. Capitol said she never thought she’d be in danger among members of the military.
June 15, 2013 - MSN
- Marine surprises dad for Father's Day
A Marine from northeast Ohio, who hasn't seen his father in two years, wins a trip home to see his dad for Father's Day.
June 14, 2013 - News Channel 5 Cleveland
- Odyssey Marine nets $8.8M from Oceanica stock sale
Deep sea exploration company Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. said Friday that it made about $8.8 million by selling some of its shares in Oceanica Resources, a company that finds and licenses offshore ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Liam Fox in Global Times
Fox said the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force would restructure its op-erations in southern Afghanistan "so that it can consolidate a US Marine brigade in northern Helmand that will assume responsibility for security in Sangin later...
- John McCain in FOXNews
His passion for service was born during his decorated career in the United States Marine Corps, and he went on to earn the distinction of being the first Vietnam War combat veteran elected to Congress. Jack's tough-as-nails reputation carried over... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA The Hill http://www.google.com/url?q=http://thehill.com/homenews/house/80225-rep-john-murtha-dies&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFvJ8_ASt_iznqYVcfpV6sh1325ng Feb 8, 2010
61412 81933 marine There's only one thing worse than an overstressed Army and Marine Corps, and that's a defeated Army and Marine Corps," McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, told Baker and Hamilton during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing. "We...