- n wood of any of various maple trees; especially the hard close-grained wood of the sugar maple; used especially for furniture and flooring
- n any of numerous trees or shrubs of the genus Acer bearing winged seeds in pairs; north temperate zone
- When you think of maple syrup, whose 2009 season is just now wrapping up, the first image that pops into your mind is probably a huge tree trunk with a few metal buckets strapped .
- An intrepid reporter's firsthand account of how he survived for 48 hours on nothing but a liquid mixture of lemons, cayenne pepper and maple syrup.
- Each stack of spruce or maple is tagged with details of the year it was cut and the specific part of the instrument in which it will be used.
News & Articles
- Maple Hill Hall begins NEW ERA
Maple Hill Hall Roof Construction The Maple Hill Club began constructing the new Maple Hill Hall roof Friday, June 14. Photos by Tony Potter.
June 16, 2013 - Hibbing Daily Tribune
- Chocolate Maple Bacon Cookies: What will they think of next?
These cookies aren't exactly a healthy treat for Dad. What with 1/2 cup of maple sugar and 1/2 cup of bacon fat, not to mention the bacon itself. But it's not as if chocolate chip cookies were a healthy choice before we added all those luscious improvements, right? So why not embrace these treats for what they are and let Father's Day be a day of indulgence for your dad?
June 16, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Maple Grove Days business promotion opportunity
Maple Grove Days’ “Showcase” silent auction offers one more way to join the community festival. The auction offers an inexpensive … The post Maple Grove Days business promotion opportunity appeared first on Press and News .
June 13, 2013 - Dayton Press & News
- Ron Wilson in FoxReno.com
As a kid I dreamed of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs as long as I can remember,Wilson added. "Today, to be able to come back and be a part of the team again, is a dream I thought would never be fulfilled."
- Cliff Fletcher in 940 News
This is a start of a new era for the Maple Leafs,interim general manager Cliff Fletcher said at a news conference at the Air Canada Centre. "This is all part and parcel of that."
- Mats Sundin in Chicago Tribune
I have always believed I would finish my career as a Toronto Maple Leaf, so the actual request was still a very difficult one for me to contemplate,Sundin said in a statement."