manumission : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the formal act of freeing from slavery
he believed in the manumission of the slaves
- Despite his critical actions, Armistead had to petition the Virginia legislature for manumission.
- Too much has been made of the fact that manumission, the formal emancipation from slavery, was open to the most resourceful of them, that a few of the manumitted prospered and that .
- The Defense Attorney recalled the midnight ceremonies of India's manumission in New Delhi two months ago as extraordinarily touching, the action itself as one of history's rare .
News & Articles
- ‘Emancipation Commemoration’ set for Sept. 7
The public is invited to an “Emancipation Commemoration” on Saturday, September 7, to remember Robert Carter III’s 1791 Deed of Manumission, and to honor the lives of those set free.
Aug. 28, 2013 - Southside Sentinel