- n a woman's silk or lace scarf
- n short cape worn by women
- To foreigners the graceful Spanish mantilla, a veil of cobwebby black or white lace worn on the heads of Spanish ladies,-is as typical of the country as bull fighting or olla .
- Basically, said Writer Pattee, Latin America has two types of Catholicism: 1) "the black dress and the mantilla"the "sentimental brand practiced in large measure by pious older .
- I would suggest that the Spanish mantilla might be more seemly and beautiful .
News & Articles
- Abp Lori at the National Press Club
My colleague Josh McElwee has the news story about yesterday's press conference at the National Press Club, featuring Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, who serves as chair of the USCCB's ad hoc committee on religious liberty, Dr. Russell Moore of the Southern Baptist Convention, Professor Anne Henderschott of Franciscan University at Steubenville, and Dr. Yuri Mantilla of Liberty University ...
July 3, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter
- Carlos Moya in TSN.ca
The fact that I defeated (Felix) Mantilla and (Juan Carlos) Ferrero this week gave me a lot of confidence and I was in a winning frame of mind,Moya said. "Today, without doing anything special, it looks like I was pretty confident on the...