mantelpiece : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n shelf that projects from wall above fireplace
- Father Wall was less dashing, but he left his son some good advice: "Never mind who or how charming your lady friend may be, always leave the money on the mantelpiece.
- On the mantelpiece of the Green Room stands a statue of Genghis Khan, whom "President Huang," as his staff insists on calling him, counts as his personal hero.
- He was a dreamer who knew the longings of ordinary mento stuff their wives and put them on the mantelpiece, to bet the old plantation on an uncaught ace, while the paddle wheel .
News & Articles
- 2014 World Cup: 6 Teams USA Hopes to Avoid in Group Play in the World Cup
With the Gold Cup trophy hanging on the mantelpiece, the United States national team can now look ahead to next summer's World Cup in Brazil. While the Americans have not yet qualified for the world's biggest tournament, they have established a two-point lead at the top of the CONCACAF hexagonal, a six-team group from which three teams automatically qualify. As a result of the six-point cushion ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Paul Casey in AFP
I would much rather have a claret jug on the mantelpiece than a big cheque,Casey said, referring to the British Open trophy which he has never won. "To me that's much more important, and having lots of friends at home rather than money in...
- Isla Fisher in Sydney Morning Herald
I'm going to put this on my mantelpiece in front of Sacha's Golden Globe,Fisher joked on the podium.
- Shane Warne in CricInfo.com
The Friends Provident Trophy would look better on my mantelpiece, and my knighthood is on the way,joked Warne. "Whatever Paul wants to say is fine, if he thinks the trophy would look good next to his MBE, good luck to him." "I'm...