mannish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s resembling or imitative of or suggestive of a man rather than a woman
a mannish stride
- s characteristic of a man as distinguished from a woman
true mannish arrogance
- Where is the smoldering sexuality and boy-misses-girl pathos, the mannish lad who gives his soul ballads depth and feeling? Then he begins talking about the music, and you .
- Tragically, though, many women still live in denial, concealing their condition under mannish blazers and suit jackets, forgoing the many topless forms of employment.
- Each has a bar-lounge, the Century's, mannish, leathery, the Broadway's, like an intimate cocktail room.
- Anna Wintour in FOXNews
Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour writes in the current issue that Clinton is behind the times - "The notion that a contemporary woman must look mannish in order to be taken seriously as a seeker of power is frankly dismaying...... This is America,...
- Edward Klein in San Francisco Chronicle
At one point, Klein writes that when Clinton was the first lady, one of her top aides was "dark-haired [and] mannish looking."