mannered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having unnatural mannerisms
brief, mannered and unlifelike idiom
- They told us it was mild mannered and kids pet it.
- Stan Shih, a mild-mannered Taiwanese electrical engineer working on gadgets such as desktop calculators, saw a better way.
- The man responsible for the mania is Wayne Gould, 60, a mild-mannered New Zealand puzzle enthusiast, formerly a judge in the criminal courts of Hong Kong.
News & Articles
- Gloucester County Pet of the Week: Harrison
View full sizeHarrison Harrison is a4-year-old neutered male Rottweiler mix.He is housebroken, likes other dogs and loves children. He is friendly and well-mannered.Harrison was placed in the shelter only because his family lost its home.If you are interested in adopting...
June 22, 2013 - Gloucester County Times
- Report: Tumblr Founder Now Partying With Diddy
After Yahoo bought his company for $1.1 billion last month, it was only a matter of time before Tumblr founder David Karp shed of his mild-mannered cocoon and became a Diddy-befriending, Dom Perignon–drinking social butterfly.
June 21, 2013 - New York Magazine
- 4 Secrets To Successfully Flipping A House
Two mild-mannered school teachers taught me everything I know about flipping houses -- and not in a good way. I met this couple in 2006. They were very nice people -- but extremely aggressive investors.
June 19, 2013 - Business Insider
- Curt Schilling in USA Today
He was very kind, and well-mannered, but there were spurts and times when you didn't know who he was,Schilling said. "You know, he was always kind and nice for the most part, but he'd show up the next day and say, 'I'm through with this...
- Mark Madsen in USA Today
The inside of his heart was just a very kind heart and in professional sports you don't always find that,Madsen said. "He was a mild-mannered good guy."
- Gennady Padalka in FOXNews
Cosmonauts are above the ongoing squabble, no matter what officials decide,said Padalka, a veteran of two space missions, according to the newspaper. "We are grown-up, well-educated and good-mannered people and can use our own brains to...