manifesto : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a public declaration of intentions (as issued by a political party or government)
- The new government's report card after a year in office was abysmal since it had failed to translate its election manifesto to actual deeds.
- After composing his own incendiary 1948 manifesto, Le Refus Global (Total Refusal), Borduas would eventually become the most important Quebecois artist of his generation.
- Someone recognized his ideas in that manifesto.
News & Articles
- Japan ministers differ on corporate tax cut:report
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Two Japanese ministers offered varying thoughts on the subject of corporate tax cuts, which the ruling Liberal Democratic Party had promised in their election manifesto, according to a Kyodo News report Friday. Economy minister Akira Amari indicated to reporters that Japan should in the long run lower its tax rate on corporate incomes to levels seen in the major ...
June 21, 2013 - Market Watch
- Distilled: Carbonated cocktails are worth the effort
Making a carbonated cocktail isn’t easy. It may not seem like a lot of work to pop the top off a bottle, or pour a drink off a tap (similar to a draft beer), but there’s a lot customers don’t see. A few of the city’s most forward-thinking bars — M at Miranova and Manifesto Tuscan Grato & Scotch Bar regularly and Curio and Mouton, periodically — have begun serving carbonated cocktails and deserve ...
June 19, 2013 - Columbus Alive
- What We've Learned From Sheryl Sandberg
If you missed May's sold-out Professional BusinessWomen of California Conference, held in San Francisco, then you also missed Sheryl Sandberg's keynote speech. Facebook's chief operating officer has caused no end of controversy since the publication of "Lean In," her self-described feminist manifesto, earlier this year.
June 17, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Gordon Brown in Xinhua
Brown said: "the Tories have planned a raid on the quality of life of our middle class. They want to take away middle class guarantees. And they have no account of future middle class jobs. It is only Labour that offers a manifesto for the middle -...
- David Cameron in Lancashire Evening Post
In his letter to the PM, Mr Cameron said: "Your 2005 general election manifesto stated without qualification that 'we will put it - the EU Constitution - to the British people in a referendum and campaign whole-heartedly for a Yes" vote'....