mangler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who mutilates or destroys or disfigures or cripples
- It was Dwight's son, bushy-bearded, one-armed Henry Baldwin (he lost the other arm in a cane-mangler) who built the Baldwin dynasty.
- Americans who remember Ike at all tend to recall a do-little President or a mangler of sentences at press conferences.
- Jimmy Durante is, for example, no ordinary word mangler.
- Stephen King in New York Times
My mother worked in the Stratford (Conn.) laundry on the mangler,King wrote in an e-mail message. "Most of the crew was African-American, and they all rooted for the Dodgers. My mom became a Dodgers fan, too, and even went - on a bus trip,...