mammary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to the milk-giving gland of the female
- She was cloned from a single mammary cell of an adult ewe, overturning long-held scientific dogma that had declared such a thing biologically impossible.
- Dolly is a carbon copy of her mother, grown from a cell taken from an adult ewe's mammary gland.
- In women with BRCA-1, the naturally occurring female hormone progesterone speeds the proliferation of mammary cells.
News & Articles
- Kahrs: Bovine mastitis
Dear Dr. Bob: Please tell us about mastitis. RESPONSE: Mastitis means inflammation of the udder (mammary gland.) Mastitis occurs in goats and sheep but is most common in dairy cattle.
June 20, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- National Cancer Institute
Local chemical signals released by fat cells in the mammary gland appear to provide a crucial link between exposure to unrelenting social stressors early in life, and the subsequent development of breast cancer, researchers from the University of Chicago report in an animal study published in the July 2013 issue of the journal Cancer Prevention Research.
June 19, 2013 - National Cancer Institute
- Fat Cells in Breast May Connect Social Stress to Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Local chemical signals released by fat cells in the mammary gland appear to provide a crucial link between exposure to unrelenting social stressors early in life, and the subsequent development of aggressive breast cancer.
June 18, 2013 - Newswise
- Morrissey in Times Online
Even the poet Morrissey demanded, "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands," as a rallying cry of fretful frustration.