- n a milkshake made with malt powder
- n a lager of high alcohol content; by law it is considered too alcoholic to be sold as lager or beer
- n a cereal grain (usually barley) that is kiln-dried after having been germinated by soaking in water; used especially in brewing and distilling
- v treat with malt or malt extract
- v turn into malt, become malt
- v convert grain into malt
- v convert into malt
- Like other flavored malt beverages Mike's Hard Lemonade, for one, or Champale ("the malt liquor you serve like champagne") from back in the '60s alcoholic energy drinks .
- Sales of single-malt whisky continue to rise worldwide, though the overall market is relatively flat, according to Impact Databank.
- Say goodbye to single-malt snobbery.
News & Articles
- Brooks on Beer: When bitter isn't bitter
The British have an unfortunate tendency to name their beers after qualities that don't accurately reflect the beers themselves. Pale ale isn't particularly pale, barley wine isn't wine and milds aren't particularly mild, they're just more malt forward.
June 20, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Local Farmer Plans To Open New York State's First Micro-Malt House
It's common for people to go wine tasting, but what about beer tasting? A local farmer is opening the state's first ever micro-malt house which could make beer tasting a little more common. YNN's Rose Eiklor has more on why New York State beer will be even more local.
June 18, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- TheWhiskeyPlace.com Showcases Its Scotch Collection for Recent College Graduates
NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Whiskey Place's robust selection of single malt scotches, whiskeys, bourbons, and ryes makes it easy to find that perfect graduation gift. Available online at ...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Tito Ortiz in FOXBusiness
Mickey's has been a favorite among MMA fans and fighters for a long time, so the 'Fine Malt Liquor' is a welcome addition to the Team Punishment family,Ortiz said.
- Kris Draper in International Herald Tribune
We've had nights where we've had some opportunities and the puck just wouldn't go in, but tonight Malt got us going with the first goal,Draper said. "We were able to get on the cycle tonight and contribute. Anytime a fourth line can chip...
- Ted Kulongoski in BusinessWeek
As you consider increasing Oregon's malt beverage surcharge, the opportunity before you is a win-winthat promises to improve the public's health and safety by investing in addiction prevention and treatment on the front end -- before law...