make-work : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n active work of little value
- They will be asked whether the FBI, CIA and other agencies have really joined forces or whether post-911 reforms have been treated as make-work projects for agencies that deeply .
- It aims to meet at least in part the demands of a brighter, more restive generation of young Americans who reject the artificiality of make-work chores and spit-and-polish regimen .
- It's a little like those make-work proclamations Congress periodically busies itself issuing declaring November Reading Readiness Month, or somesuch.
News & Articles
- MOVIES: Adam Sandler's latest make-work movie is shovel-ready
The gang’s all here for “Grown Ups 2,” Adam Sandler’s latest lowbrow make-work project for all the ex-jocks, jockcasters, “Saturday Night Live” has-beens and other hangers-on he keeps on payroll.
July 11, 2013 - The Kitsap Sun
- 'Grown Ups 2' aims low, hits the mark
REVIEW:The gang’s all here for Adam Sandler’s latest lowbrow make-work project, another pointless romp through Sandlerland.
July 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
The stimulus program is "not just about creating make-work jobs. It's about creating jobs that will make a lasting difference for our future," Obama told several hundred scientists at the NIH campus in suburban Maryland.