maintained : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
- v keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
- v supply with necessities and support
- v state categorically
- v have and exercise
- v maintain for use and service
- v maintain by writing regular records
- v state or assert
He maintained his innocence
- v support against an opponent
- v stick to correctly or closely
- s kept in good condition
- s continued in your keeping or use or memory
- Even after Franco's death in 1975, parties across the political spectrum maintained a "pact of silence" about the Civil War and decades of dictatorship to ensure, they said, a .
- Marcos, who turned 75 last week, always maintained her childlike sense of entitlement, despite the harsh realities of life.
- To summarize, the survey shows that the public has maintained a very consistent view that Republicans need to do more to cooperate with President Obama.
News & Articles
- Casting for customers: N.J. party, charter boats see slow start to summer season after Sandy
Rosters maintained by the state show the charter and party boat fleet held steady despite the damage Hurricane Sandy left at harbors and marinas along the coast, but captains say what they're seeing at the docks tells a different story
June 16, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Turkish police crack down on revival of protests
ISTANBUL (AP) — Thousands of defiant protesters attempting to converge on central Istanbul's Taksim Square on Sunday were kept away by police firing repeated rounds of tear gas, as the government maintained a hard line against rekindled demonstrations.
June 16, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Rays recall prized prospect Wil Myers
Update 6:26 p.m. Rays executive VP Andrew Friedman said they've always maintained that when prized OF prospect Wil Myers was ready, they'd auger out a spot for him.
June 16, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- President Bush in Courier Mail
Bush acknowledged that success in Iraq would require a "US political, economic and security engagement that extends beyond my presidency.peStill, he maintained that his surge is working, despite several recent blue-ribbon reports concluding that the...
- Helen Mirren in Reuters.uk
For 50 years and more, Elizabeth Windsor has maintained her dignity, her sense of duty and her hairstyle. She's had her feet planted firmly on the ground, her hat on her head, her handbag on her arm and she has weathered many, many storms,...
- Gordon Brown in Forbes
I will stress to the Cabinet that the vigilance must be maintained over the next few days,Brown said.