- v injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation
people were maimed by the explosion
- The wars may be over, but their ordnance continues to kill and maim Mozambicans and prevent them from farming their land.
- Terrorist or Enemy Combatants (are those) from other countries who are, repeating WHO ARE out to kill, maim or in general destroy the United States and our way of life.
- If you want to humble an empire it makes sense to maim its cathedrals.
News & Articles
- We could call it the running of the Bloomies - Tue, 09 Jul 2013 PST
A mob of tourists has once again descended on the Spanish city of Pamplona. They have come to watch several thousand drunken halfwits attempt to outrun a half-dozen angry 1,300-pound bulls that could easily gore, maim or stomp the life out of them.
July 9, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in Philippine Star
Today we raise the bar on our campaign against terrorists who kill, bomb and maim to enforce an ideology of evil,Mrs. Arroyo said. "Talk is cheap. It is action that counts. I ask the public to give the Human Security Act a chance."
- Lincoln Chafee in Providence Journal
I find it surprising now, in 2008, how many Democrats are running for president after shirking their constitutional duty to check and balance this president,writes Chafee. "Being wrong about sending Americans to kill and be killed, maim...