- n the position of magistrate
- Summoned into Hong Kong's magistracy court, Wat protested that he had never seen or heard of the woman, Chan Kam, 53, who was suing him for maintenance and claiming they had been .
- The opinion is general that a man of Walker's strip is unthinkable for the chief magistracy of the greatest city in the world.
- After Tom Jones, which Fielding published when he was 41, the government gave him a small sinecure, the magistracy of Westminster.
News & Articles
- Morning Minutes, April 6
triumvirate trahy-UHM-ver-it, -vuh-reyt noun; any group or set of three; Roman history. the office or magistracy of a triumvir; a government of three officers or magistrates functioning jointly; a coalition of three magistrates or rulers for joint administration; any association of three in office or authority.
April 6, 2014 - The Harrisburg Daily Register
- Thomas Jefferson in The Baltimore Chronicle
Jefferson added, "An ELECTIVE DESPOTISM was not the government we fought for; but one ...... in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among several bodies of magistracy, as that no one could transcend their legal limits,...
- Thabo Mbeki in AllAfrica.com
Among other things, this will entail setting up a new co-ordinating and management structure for the system at every level, from national to local, bringing together the judiciary and magistracy,President Thabo Mbeki said in his State of the...
- Mick Keelty in Reuters AlertNet
When the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person, or in the same body of magistracy, there can be then no liberty. Again there is no liberty, if the power of judging be not separated from the legislative and executive... Baron de Montesquieu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Secondat,_baron_de_Montesquieu&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHeOvzWTy45Du-JWOOVwZ595Fi5wg Cape Gazette http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.capegazette.com/storiescurrent/0405/highcourtruling042905.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHmWuMU59qYTi_-3bJKG5ENiv7CnA May 4, 2005
60361 80577 magistrate If it's required we will go back to the magistrate. What we're doing here is applying the law that we operate under in these circumstances," Keelty told Australian radio.