- v engage in
- v give certain properties to something
She made us look silly
He made a fool of himself at the meeting
- v make or cause to be or to become
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
My wife made me buy a new sofa
- v give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
- v create or manufacture a man-made product
- v make, formulate, or derive in the mind
- v compel or make somebody or something to act in a certain way
People cannot be made to integrate just by passing a law!
- v create by artistic means
Auden made verses
- v earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
- v create or design, often in a certain way
- v to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting"
The branches made a roof
- v reach a goal, e.g., "make the first team"
We made it!
- v be or be capable of being changed or made into
- v make by shaping or bringing together constituents
- v perform or carry out
- v make by combining materials and parts
this little pig made his house out of straw
- v change from one form into another
- v act in a certain way so as to acquire
- v charge with a function; charge to be
She was made president of the club
- v achieve a point or goal
She made 29 points that day
- v reach a destination, either real or abstract
We barely made it to the finish line
- v institute, enact, or establish
- v carry out or commit
- v form by assembling individuals or constituents
- v organize or be responsible for
- v put in order or neaten
- v head into a specified direction
We made for the mountains
- v have a bowel movement
The dog had made in the flower beds
- v undergo fabrication or creation
- v be suitable for
- v add up to
- v amount to
- v constitute the essence of
- v appear to begin an activity
He made to speak but said nothing in the end
She made as if to say hello to us
- v proceed along a path
- v reach in time
We barely made the plane
- v gather and light the materials for
- v prepare for eating by applying heat
- v induce to have sex
Harry made Sally
- v assure the success of
- v represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
- v consider as being
It wasn't the problem some people made it
- v calculate as being
- v cause to be enjoyable or pleasurable
- v favor the development of
- v develop into
- v behave in a certain way
- v eliminate urine
Again, the cat had made on the expensive rug
- s produced by a manufacturing process; rope and nails"
bought some made goods at the local store
- a (of a bed) having the sheets and blankets set in order
a neatly made bed
- s successful or assured of success
now I am a made man forever"- Christopher Marlowe
- Though the McCain campaign has made much of Palin's willingness to stand up to the powerful energy industry in Alaska last year she adjusted the state Petroleum Profits Tax to .
- Who knows, when everyone has access to the same data, maybe the next big discovery in astronomy will be made by an amateur? There are hundreds of terabytes of digitized sky .
- Strictly avoid all products made with partially hydrogenated oils of any kind.
News & Articles
- Citroen made it through the longest day in Italy
High temperatures made the long first leg of Rally Sardegna a tough, demanding day. Given the testing conditions, the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team’s DS3 WRCs fared well. Mikko Hirvonen and Jarmo Lehtinen held firmly onto the second place they took on the first stage, whilst Dani Sordo and Carlos del Barrio ended the day fourth overall. ... Keep reading
June 22, 2013 - Motorsport.com
- History made in Walls with hat pick
WALLS — Tammy Patrick made history Thursday as the Town of Walls brand new fifth alderman candidate elected to the slate of town officials.
June 22, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- 'Made In Cleveland': Collection of homegrown film shorts starring Gillian Jacobs, Busy Philipps, Robin Swoboda ...
Made in Cleveland: Collection of shorts with Gillian Jacobs and Busy Philipps, and directors including Jamie Babbit and Robert Banks, plays at five Atlas Cinemas locations. Atlas supports independent film with one-week run. Robin Swoboda and Leon Bibb also featured.
June 21, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Paul Goydos in iseekgolf.com
That's the most nervous I've been over a putt, probably,he said after his round. "It felt like when I brought the putter back and made a pretty good stroke, couldn't hit the putt any more solid and the ball couldn't have gone more in the...
- Henry Waxman in Christian Science Monitor
Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense,he wrote. "If this is what happened, BPs carelessness and complacency have inflicted a heavy toll on the Gulf, its...
- David Villa in NPR
We worked hard to get here, and now we have made the final,Villa said. "It's a great thing."