- n a reckless impetuous irresponsible person
- s characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation; (`brainish' is archaic)
- The terrorists made dramatically clear what has become all too obvious: anybody with a cause and a gun, be he mad or madcap, fanatic or eccentric, can seize and hold national .
- But a mock advertisement in Lampoon's 1973 Encyclopedia of Humor brought the magazine's madcap staffers some serious trouble.
- A cult success on a madcap radio show and a few comedy records that could have been it for Sellers.
News & Articles
- NL roundup: Marmol allows 2 HRs in 9th, Cubs lose to Mets 4-3
NEW YORK — Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit a three-run homer that capped a four-run rally in the bottom of the ninth inning, and the New York Mets salvaged what had been shaping up as another sorry afternoon, startling the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Sunday. Matt Garza pitched seven scoreless innings, and the Cubs scored twice on a madcap play that featured three bad throws by Mets infielders, giving Chicago a 3-0 ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Nieuwenhuis' HR caps 4-run 9th, Mets startle Cubs
Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit a three-run homer that capped a four-run rally in the bottom of the ninth inning and the New York Mets salvaged what had been shaping up as another sorry afternoon, startling the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Sunday.Matt Garza pitched seven scoreless innings and the Cubs scored twice on a madcap play that featured three bad throws by Mets infielders, giving Chicago a 3-0 lead.
June 16, 2013 - FOX 5 New York
- Giant Madcap Puppets Kick Off Summer Library Events
Giant and ever-popular Madcap Puppets will present two shows on Tuesday, June 18 to kick off Summer Events at Willard Library!
June 11, 2013 - Battle Creek Enquirer
- Ian Holloway in ESPN
I'm not a clown, I'm not an idiot and I'm not madcap,said Holloway. "I'm just a human being who tries to encourage other people and who sometimes needs encouraging himself - and I might need a lot of it next year."
- Wole Soyinka in Sunday Times.lk
That madcap episode embarrasses me until this moment,said Soyinka, who is now a bitter critic of Obasanjo, accusing him of dictatorial ambitions.
- Dan Castellaneta in USA Today
I think Harry's issue is that the show isn't as grounded as it was in the first three or four seasons, that it's gotten crazy or a little more madcap. I think it organically changes to stay fresh,the 45-year-old Castellaneta said.