macho : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a male exhibiting or characterized by machismo
- s used of men; markedly masculine in appearance or manner
- Men with a strong sense of masculinity are about 50% less likely than their not-so-macho peers to seek out preventative health-care services, according to a survey of 1,000 middle .
- During the aftermath of Katrina, while the mayor was struggling with the woes inside the Superdome, Mitch was acting like a macho man out in a boat saving people.
- Most of all, however, the assailants target the emos for dressing effeminately, still a provocative act for many in a macho Mexico.
News & Articles
- Seeking Mental Health Help Can Be Hard In Military Culture
We conclude our series on suicide in the military. One of the biggest obstacles to getting help for suicidal troops may be the macho military culture that stigmatizes any admission of weakness. At Ft. Bliss, in Texas, leaders are trying to change that culture.
June 21, 2013 - NPR
- 5 dogs, a cat and a duck
This family has a very funny collection of pets, all rescues: Macho – 8 Year old Toy Xolo Rex – 11 Year old terrier something Maya – 7-10 Year old Intermediate Xolo Dave – 3 Year old standard size Xolo…
June 21, 2013 - WGN Radio Chicago
- Feds bust international gambling ring
Federal authorities announced Wednesday that 18 individuals have been charged for their alleged involvement in an international gambling organization known as "Macho Sports."
June 20, 2013 - CNN
- Garth Turner in Globe and Mail
You might not agree with everything the man says, but you have to admire this about him,Mr. Turner wrote. "He stood up once to the self-aggrandizing, hostile, me-first, greedy, macho, selfish and balkanizing separatist losers in...
- Johnny Depp in Post Chronicle
He confirmed: "It's in preparation. It's called 'My American Lover'. Vanessa plays the French feminist Simone de Beauvoir and I play her lover Nelson Algren who is real macho."
- Harry Reid in USA Today
You cannot wring another ounce of compromise out of this,Reid said. "The president, what he has done with his macho pen, is really hurt children. He thinks he can waltz in here with his secretary of Health and Human Services, and sweet...