lute : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance for packing a joint or coating a porous surface to make it impervious to gas or liquid
- n chordophone consisting of a plucked instrument having a pear-shaped body, a usually bent neck, and a fretted fingerboard
- But Don Francisco, cultivated, scholarly, knew it for a lute.
- But today, the day after The Osbournes, I sit in front of my friend Wendy like she's Homer with a lute.
- Concerts featuring such traditional instruments as the rubab (a short-necked lute) used to last for hours at celebratory occasions like weddings and births.
News & Articles
- Murphy has solid first year at NAU
(Eds: Updates with more details and quotes.) By JOHN MARSHALL AP Basketball Writer Northern Arizona coach Jack Murphy is meticulous, has been since his days under Arizona coach Lute Olson, even back to his stint as student manager for his high school team.
June 15, 2013 - Fox Sports
- Mele Lute Siaila Mokena, infant
Mele Lute Siaila Mokena was, is and always will be a wonderful blessing to her Daddy, Samiuela Mokena of Te’ekiu, Tonga; Momma, Kayla Marie Osborne of Hayden, Idaho; and family. Born May 19, 2013 at 11:11 p.m., Mele was 6 pounds 5 ounces, and 20.5 inches of beauty, joy, and love.
June 14, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Jack Murphy has solid first year at NAU
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) -- Northern Arizona coach Jack Murphy is meticulous, has been since his days under Arizona coach Lute Olson, even back to his stint as student manager for his high school team.
June 14, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- President Bush in Washington Post
General Lute is a tremendously accomplished military leader who understands war and government and knows how to get things done,Bush said in a statement.