- r in a sorrowful lugubrious manner
his long face lugubriously reflecting a hidden and unexpressed compassion
- Misha is trapped (for legal reasons) in his homeland, and his longing--plus vodka--powers this endlessly inventive, lugubriously funny post-Soviet picaresque.
- What these movies really need are cheeky athletes as their heroes, not actors lugubriously acting.
- A stolid, jowly man whose face seems lugubriously appropriate to Israel's dire economic straits, Yigal Hurvitz, 62, who resigned as Finance Minister on Sunday, seems to thrive on.
- Terence Davies in Village Voice
Davies concludes another tour of failed urban development by citing "the British genius for making 'The Dismal' -a national characteristic he immediately demonstrates with a lugubriously hummed version of Brahms's Lullaby. No nostalgic Penny...