lowering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of causing to become less
- n the act of causing something to move to a lower level
- v move something or somebody to a lower position
- v set lower
- v make lower or quieter
- v cause to drop or sink
- v look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
- s darkened by clouds
- Finally, lowering the drinking age to 18 would stop infantilizing college students, but it would probably kill more of them in traffic accidents.
- Statins, the cholesterol-lowering wonder drugs, are getting a lot of press these days.
- Ezetimibe is the first cholesterol-lowering medication that works by blocking absorption of cholesterol in the gut, rather than regulating the fat's production in the liver, like .
News & Articles
- Exchange Watch: The ongoing game of Spin the Rates
First came the good news from the West Coast about how Obamacare will be lowering premiums for individuals shopping in the new state exchanges. Never mind that in California the official folks at the exchange, who are supporters of health reform, mixed apples and oranges to reach their conclusion that rate shock had not materialized.
June 14, 2013 - Columbia Journalism Review
- A New Casket Lowering Device Just Added To MillionaireCasket.com
MillionaireCasket.com, a distinguished casket company, has just released a brand new casket lowering device to its product line. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10830338.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Harvey Shines Again; Reward Is His First Loss
Matt Harvey pitched seven sharp innings, lowering his earned run average to 2.04, but picked up his first loss of the season.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Charles Boustany in Philadelphia Inquirer
...on behalf of Republicans, Rep. Charles Boustany of Louisiana said the country wanted Obama to instruct Democratic congressional leaders that "it's time to start over on a commonsense, bipartisan plan focused on lowering the cost of health...
- Lindsey Graham in Reuters South Africa
It will be a very comprehensive approach to jump-start the economy, by allowing capital to be formed easier in America by lowering taxes,Graham said on CBS' "Face the Nation."
- John McCain in Bloomberg
Instead of playing favorites, our government should level the playing field for all alcohol fuels that break the monopoly of gasoline, lowering both gasoline prices and carbon emissions,McCain said.