loved : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v have a great affection or liking for
- v get pleasure from
- v be enamored or in love with
- v have sexual intercourse with
- a held dear
his loved companion of many years
- Michael and I loved each other, but slowly--almost imperceptibly at first--we began to realize we were no longer in love.
- Illustration by Edwina White for PTI The thought of a loved one can turn our wits upside down, ratchet up our heart rate, impel us to slay dragons and write corny songs.
News & Articles
- Dwight Howard tweets that he'll sign with Rockets
Dwight Howard, the NBA's most dominant and indecisive big man, who tired of Orlando and never loved Los Angeles, has made up his mind.
July 6, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Ray Emery back to Flyers; Evgeni Nabokov re-signs with Islanders
Ray Emery loved his time with the Philadelphia Flyers. Other teams were interested in his services – the New York Islanders being one of them – but the Chicago Blackhawks goalie knew where he wanted to end up this summer, … Continue reading ?
July 5, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Ariz. town recalls fallen firefighters during 4th
PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) — As many in this Old West town used their Independence Day celebration to honor 19 fallen firefighters, bereaved families began speaking more publicly of their loved ones.
July 5, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Pam Iorio in The Associated Press
It's just been heart wrenching as the family members have said goodbye to their loved ones and then it's been heart wrenching to see the officers and how much they respect them,she said.
- Jeff Bridges in The Sun Daily
Thank you, mum and dad, for turning me on to such a groovy profession. Oh, my dad and my mum, they loved showbiz so much,Bridges said, as he whooped with joy after finally winning the Oscar for best actor to make up for losing out on four...
- Placido Domingo in Boston Globe (registration)
I always admired the God-given glory of his voice that unmistakable special timbre from the bottom up to the very top of the tenor range,Domingo said in a statement from Los Angeles. "I also loved his wonderful sense of humor and on...