looting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n plundering during riots or in wartime
- v take illegally; of intellectual property
- v steal goods; take as spoils
- Several Russian officials, confronted by aid officials with evidence of widespread looting in the occupied Georgian city of Gori, said the area is not their responsibility because .
- American soldiers, who were almost absent from the city where so much looting was going on, were out in force around the adjacent oil fields, which account for a third of Iraq's .
- And that sent people straight back into the streets of Buenos Aires last night not only the unemployed people who'd been looting supermarkets, but middle class people hit hard .
News & Articles
- We only sell real thing, Egyptian grave-robbing family boasts
By Betsy Hiel, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Looting is an open secret in the village of Abu Sir al Malaq. Policemen quietly debate the depth of some emptied tombs. Villagers driving on ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Looting arrests after May tornado reach 17 in Oklahoma city
By Heide Brandes OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Officials in tornado-stricken Oklahoma cities are now dealing with looters who are stealing items ranging from copper wire to jewelry. Moore police spokesman Jeremy Lewis and Mayor Glenn Lewis said 17 arrests have been made on misdemeanor charges of looting in Moore since the May 20 EF5 tornado hit. "We are seeing people take everything from copper to ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 2 dozen-plus arrested on looting complaints in Moore
More than two dozen people are facing charges after they were arrested on complaints of looting.
June 13, 2013 - KOCO 5 Oklahoma City
- Andrew Cuomo in ABC News
When a company pays funds that the company effectively doesn't have, it's akin to a looting of a company,Cuomo said. "You could argue if the taxpayers didn't bail out AIG, those contracts wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on."
- Boris Tadic in International Herald Tribune
I most sharply condemn the violence, looting and arson,Tadic said in a statement. "There is no excuse for the violence. Nobody can justify what happened yesterday."
- Kanye West in The Age
Actor Mike Myers struggles to assert control as rapper Kanye West says to camera: "I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family, it says, They're looting."