longest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified
- a primarily spatial sense; of relatively great or greater than average spatial extension or extension as specified
- s of relatively great height
- a good at remembering
- a holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices
- a (of speech sounds or syllables) of relatively long duration
- s involving substantial risk
- s planning prudently for the future
- s having or being more than normal or necessary:"long on brains"
- r for the most time
she stayed longest
- Who has the world's longest mustache? Who was the world's most productive mother? No standard reference book troubles with such trivia, but an offbeat guide called The Guinness .
- I have a curious fascination with the longest running idea.
- As of midnight on Sunday, June 23, the Viet Nam conflict became the longest war ever fought by Americans.
News & Articles
- CEZ Set for Longest Drop in 13 Years on Necas, Tax: Prague Mover
CEZ AS, the biggest Czech power utility, headed for its longest losing streak in 13 years, on concern the opposition will levy new corporate taxes as Premier Petr Necas resigns today and Komercni Banka AS cut estimates for power prices.
June 17, 2013 - Bloomberg
- MLB's Longest Home Run Blasts of the Week
It's that time of the week where we give kudos to some of the longest home run blasts around the MLB . Thanks to ESPN's Home Run Tracker , fans are able to keep track of every long-ball hit in the majors, especially the Goliath shots like you'll see in this column. Some of the more-known sluggers in baseball can be found on this list, but I think there's one player who may come as a bit of a ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Treasuries End Longest Losing Streak in 4 Years as Fed Bets Ebb
Treasuries rose, breaking the longest streak of weekly losses since 2009, amid skepticism the Federal Reserve is about to slow its bond-buying program designed to hold down borrowing costs and spur the economy.
June 15, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Larry King in SmarTrend News
The 76-year-old announced the decision on his blog: "I want to share some personal news with you," King wrote. "I'm incredibly proud that we recently made the Guinness Book of World Records for having the longest-running show with the same...
- Barack Obama in AFP
But I also know that we have a long way to go to fully restore our economy, and recover from what has been the longest and deepest downturn since the Great Depression,Obama said. "While this report today represents real progress, the...
- Jim Furyk in AFP
It's probably the thickest and longest rough we've had for a PGA Tour event this year, so I expect scoring to be very difficult,said Jim Furyk, the world number five.