lobular : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or resembling a lobule
- A study shows that women who take hormones for five years or more increase their risk of developing all types of breast cancer 70% and triple their risk of lobular tumors, a rare .
- Tamoxifen reduces the risk of noninvasive breast cancers (ductal carcinoma in situ and lobular carcinoma in situ), while raloxifene does not.
News & Articles
- Second-most common breast cancer subtype may benefit from personalized treatment approach
( University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences ) The second-most common type of breast cancer is a very different disease than the most common and appears to be a good candidate for a personalized approach to treatment. Invasive lobular carcinoma, characterized by a unique growth pattern in breast tissue that fails to form a lump, has distinct genetic markers that indicate there may ...
Feb. 26, 2014 - EurekAlert!
- Fred Hutchinson in WCBD-TV
Dr. Christopher Li, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center says "we found that women who use the combined hormone therapy, estrogen plus progestin, had almost a 300% increase in their risk of the lobular type of breast cancer but only a 40% increase...