lobed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v propel in a high arc
- s having deeply indented margins but with lobes not entirely separate from each other
- During their long survival into the modern world, the leaves of the ginkgo changed until they are now almost invariably two-lobed and kidney-shaped.
- Kids find these double-lobed coconuts hilarious, but the best way to spot the more subtle plant and animal life is with black-parrot specialist and nature guide Victorin Laboudallon.
- It has a two-lobed leaf which, while waiting for prey, stands open like a gaping clam shell.
News & Articles
- Jim Gilbert's Nature Notes: Wild Grapes
Wild grapes are now offering hikers a refreshing snack. A grape vine is a climbing, woody perennial best recognized by its lobed, maple-like leaves and by its purple berries that grow in bunches and contain seeds.
Aug. 22, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune