livable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a fit or suitable to live in or with
- It is tempting to judge our mayors for the little things that make city life livable, the depth of the potholes, the smell of the streets, whether or not the traffic lights are .
- In other words, Munich is evolving into a uniquely livable modern metropolis, and we're all enjoying the ride.
- Put it all together and the conclusion becomes inescapable: Nantes must be the most livable city in all of Europe.
News & Articles
- Jackson Named "Most Livable Small City"
LAS VEGAS, NV. - The city of Jackson has been honored as one of the most livable cities in the country. Mayor Jerry Gist was awarded first place honors in the 2013 City Livability Awards.
June 23, 2013 - WBBJ TV
- Patten Towers not yet inspected by Chattanooga officials
Chattanooga inspectors still have not entered Patten Towers to see if the building's owner has made it livable, but city officials say they've been told to expect a call soon.
June 22, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Help your garage keep its cool
Summer sunshine can cause the temperature in your garage to rise to three digits. Having said that, there are steps that you can take to make your garage a more comfortable and livable space – year round.
June 22, 2013 - Muscatine Journal
- Martin Luther King in Baltimore Sun
When Dr. King wrote that "the hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists," he likely did not foresee the many ways in which the courageous spirit of the Freedom Riders and civil rights activists would evolve over the...
- Ray LaHood in UPI.com
We will continue to work together to access the federal funds that are available. Certainly there will be discussion of the details of various components of our plan, but together we have made a commitment to a greener, healthier and more livable... Michael Bloomberg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bloomberg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF0yS62k8BJaV-YE-tVY5NKrA5nbA Houston Chronicle http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4983366.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFd-_6jok0NAuyUH8_5xC4aneLpZg Jul 19, 2007
58778 78385 livable It's not only going to create good jobs and reinvigorate our manufacturing base, it's also going to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and help create livable communities," LaHood said. "I have no doubt that building the next generation...