liter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a metric unit of capacity, formerly defined as the volume of one kilogram of pure water under standard conditions; now equal to 1,000 cubic centimeters (or approximately 1.75 pints)
- In one mine, they counted 47,000 micromicrocuries per liter of air.
- The main attraction, though, is the beer, which comes in glasses of increasing size, starting with a demi for a half-liter, working up to a serieux and finally a distingue, a mug .
- The first prototype, from Italian bikemaker Aprilia, stores compressed hydrogen in a 2-liter metal canister housed in the frame.
- Floyd Landis in New York Daily News
The driver pretended to have engine trouble and stopped on a remote mountain road for an hour or so so the entire team could have half a liter of blood added,Landis wrote. "This was the only time that I ever saw the entire team being...
- Dinara Safina in USA Today
She was a funny girl. I remember her coming to the match with a two-liter Pepsi,Safina said. "I mean, you would look at her, and it was like, 'No way she can be one day like winning (a) Grand Slam.' But then she moved to Spain and she...
- Tom LaSorda in Yahoo! News (press release)
The Dodge Ram Heavy Duty pickup truck with the new 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel engine is the cleanest diesel truck available on the market,said Tom LaSorda, President and Chief Executive Officer, Chrysler Group. "Working together with...