- n an alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented
- n a liquid substance that is a solution (or emulsion or suspension) used or obtained in an industrial process
- n the liquid in which vegetables or meat have be cooked
- Facts on liquor released last week confirmed a melancholy suspicion held by most drinkers: the supply is really drying up.
- Last December when the 18th Amendment was tossed into the political bonfire, Kentucky, hardest of hard liquor states, did not repeal its prohibition law.
News & Articles
- Liquor Cabinet has ribbon-cutting
The Corning Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon-cutting for the grand re-opening of The Liquor Cabinet on Solano Street. Pictured in the back row, from right, are owner Bob Chata, his son Harjot, Chamber Manager Valanne Cardenas, and Chamber directors...
June 22, 2013 - Corning Observer
- Liquor board rejects application for new Fort Collins store
The Fort Collins Liquor Licensing Authority this week rejected an application for a new liquor store on North College Avenue because of the number of existing liquor stores already open in the area.
June 21, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Old liquor finds new life in Ghana cocktail scene
Ghana's traditional liquor akpeteshie tastes like fire to the uninitiated, burning all the way down the throat to a nervous stomach. But at The Republic, a bar in the nation's capital, it comes garnished ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Lindsey Graham in AFP
We need a legal system that gives due process to the detainee, but also understands they didn't rob a liquor store,Graham told CBS television recently. "We're at war, and some of this information is very sensitive and classified."
- Anthony Kennedy in Christian Science Monitor
States have broad power to regulate liquor under Section 2 of the 21st Amendment,says Justice Anthony Kennedy in the majority opinion. "This power, however, does not allow states to ban, or severely limit, the direct shipment of...