- v interpret by lipreading; of deaf people
- He learned to lip-read teachers and fellow students, and still relies on lipreading in English and Russian rather than the sign language used by most deaf people.
- A few words can be lip-read (He: "Your mother!" She: "My mother?" and later a flurry of no's and yesses), but most of the story is inferred from a masterly series of gestures .
- He learned to lip-read teachers and fellow students, and still relies on lipreading--in English and Russian--rather than the sign language used by most deaf people.
News & Articles
- Why Did Taylor Swift Say ‘Shut the F*ck Up’ During The MTV VMAs?
As British boy band One Direction presented the award for "Best Pop Video" at tonight's MTV Video Music Awards, viewers may have lip-read Taylor Swift uttering a vulgarity. ( Gasp! ) One Direction singer Zayn Malik was busy saying "the best fans are in New York," when Swift turned to her friend Selena Gomez and clearly said "Shut the fuck up." Any speculation as to why she said this? Submit your ...
Aug. 26, 2013 - Mediaite
- Peter Lawrie in Sportinglife.com
Asked if the woman realised she had done something wrong, Lawrie added: "I probably made her aware of it after I hit my tee shot into a bad lie. If she could have lip-read I think she would have understood!"