linemen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the football players who line up on the line of scrimmage
- n one of the players on the line of scrimmage
- n the surveyor who marks positions with a range pole
- n a person who installs or repairs electrical or telephone lines
- n (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed on the line of scrimmage
- Offensive linemen need to learn only 25 "principles" of offensive operation, rather than a new assignment for each of State's plays, e.
- The linemen average a bare 225 lbs.
- Dirty Jobs profiles salvage workers, plumbers and cattle inseminators, while Tougher in Alaska lionizes linemen, miners and other Last Frontiersmen who probably make your job look .
News & Articles
- Darnell Dockett's new facemask turns heads
Opposing offensive linemen should absolutely not expect to get their fingers inside Darnell Dockett's helmet this year. It even has a bull-ring for added protection, and the bull-ring itself has extra bars inside it.
June 13, 2013 - WTSP-TV Tampa
- Video: Breaking down a cut block
Jaguars guard Uche Nwaneri told me about how the offensive linemen will cut block in a scheme with more zone plays. But I figured it would be better for him to show me.
June 13, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Darnell Dockett Unveils Scary New Facemask Inspired by Freight Train (Photo)
Darnell Dockett‘s new facemask/visor combo is something to behold. If opposing offensive linemen weren’t already intimidated by the three-time Pro Bowler, they may be now. Dockett unveiled his new facemask model, named the “Freight Train,” at the Arizona Cardinals’ FanFest at University of Phoenix Stadium on Tuesday night. The facemask model, made by Bad-Ass Masks, […]
June 13, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Gene Hickerson in Metro Toronto
I am honoured to be joining such an elite group of individuals and to be remembered as one of the best linemen of all time,Hickerson said.
- Ben Roethlisberger in CBC.ca
The guys were coming back to the huddle worn out - linemen, receivers, everybody,Roethlisberger said. "We didn't quit. Everybody believed we could do it."
- Clinton Portis in Washington Post
It's going to be difficult,Portis said. "We lost two offensive linemen, we shuffled two offensive linemen, now we lose Chris Cooley. The only mainstay from our opening day roster that's on that line is [center] Casey Rabach and [left...