lightship : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a ship equipped like a lighthouse and anchored where a permanent lighthouse would be impracticable
- Four dashes, repeated for one minute every three minutes, is the radio beacon signal of the lightship that guards dread Nantucket Shoals.
- Ahead, inside Sambro lightship, lay dense patches of fog, but that was nothing to worry about.
- As Stockholm sliced eastward from New York Harbor toward Nantucket lightship, he was bothered only by ocean currents that pulled the ship two or three miles northward off course .
- Richard S Fuld in BlueRidgeNow.com
My first view is, how do I protect mother, the lightship,Mr. Fuld says. "That's just not our gear. Our gear is how to protect our balance sheet."