- s deprived of life; no longer living
a lifeless body
- s destitute or having been emptied of life or living beings
after the dance the littered and lifeless ballroom echoed hollowly
- s lacking animation or excitement or activity
it was a lifeless party until she arrived
- s not having the capacity to support life
a lifeless planet
- Bessie's owner discovers her lifeless, bitten body and buries her.
- Brian wears sunglasses to hide his gray and lifeless left eyedamaged, he says, by kicks and blows with a board from Jamaican reggae star Buju Banton.
- In its cockpit lay Lieutenant Wooster with his neck broken, Commander Davis with his face crushedboth lifeless in a gloomy pool of water and gasoline.
News & Articles
- Heat seeking missiles to keep title hopes alive
By Frank Pingue SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) - A sudden disappearance of scoring by the top-seeded Miami Heat has the defending champions scrambling to rediscover their form in time to turn the NBA Finals back in their favor. The Heat, who averaged nearly 103 points per game during the 82-game regular season, endured their lowest offensive output of the entire 2012-13 campaign in Tuesday's lifeless 113 ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Black Sunday revisited
Published: Friday, June 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM. It's been 10 years since Mike Hauser pulled a lifeless body from the waters near Grayton Beach, but he still remembers the events of that day knocking him to his knees.
June 12, 2013 - The Walton Sun
- Tracy McGrady, the most popular man at the NBA Finals
MIAMI -- Tracy McGrady played seven and a half minutes in the Finals, which was seven and a half minutes more than T-Mac expected to play. To be fair, that's more than anyone anywhere expected one of the most star-crossed players in league history to ever play in the Finals. His cameo came at the end of the Game 2 blowout and was as nondescript as the Spurs ' lifeless second half performance. He ...
June 11, 2013 - SB Nation
- Johnny Damon in Edmonton Sun
They were pretty lifeless until we made a mistake,said Johnny Damon, "and they took full advantage of it."
- Paul Konerko in USA Today
It was scary,Konerko said. "He was choking on something. That's what everyone standing out there was a little bit worried about. It's one thing to get knocked out, you get knocked out and you come to, but he was lifeless and it sounded...
- Margaret Thatcher in renewamerica.us
Lady Margaret Thatcher said, "A society needs only one generation to abandon . . its culture, for that culture to become an alien, lifeless irrelevance . . [and] the cultural revolutionaries will drown out what Lincoln called the mystic chords of...