lied : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano
- v be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- v be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position
- v originate (in)
- v be and remain in a particular state or condition
- v tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive
She lied when she told me she was only 29
- v have a place in relation to something else
- v assume a reclining position
- THE CHARGE Kerry lied to get his Bronze Star.
- What's your take on the Bush Administration's case for war with Iraq? They were too optimistic They did the right thing They lied to make their case.
- On this issue, either Monica Lewinsky lied to the grand jury, or President Clinton lied to the grand jury.
News & Articles
- Steve Carell Says He Lied About Not Being Involved With ‘The Office’ Finale
Steve Carell said he was forced to lie about his cameo in The Office finale in order to keep his involvement a secret. Fans of the long-running NBC series wondered if Michael Scott would return for the final episode in May. In order to keep everything under wraps, Carell said he lied to just about... Read more » Steve Carell Says He Lied About Not Being Involved With ‘The Office’ Finale is a ...
June 18, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Roofer Lied About Falling Through Roof: Police
A roofer finds himself in trouble with the law after police say he lied to them about an accident that left a 12-year-old girl hospitalized. Photo Credit: Philadelphia Police
June 17, 2013 - NBC Philadelphia
- Police: Man lied about aunt being sick to avoid speeding arrest
Police say a Hanahan man was arrested Saturday after he lied to them about an aunt's medical condition so he would not be taken to jail for speeding.
June 17, 2013 - Live 5 News Charleston
- Kwame Kilpatrick in USA Today
In a rushed monotone, before a standing-room only audience, Kilpatrick told Wayne Circuit Judge David Groner: "I lied under oath in the case of Gary Brown and Harold Nelthrope versus the city of Detroit ...... I did so with the intent to mislead the...
- Patrick Fitzgerald in International Herald Tribune
Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, said that while gratified by the verdict, "it's sad that we had a situation where a high-level official, a person who worked in the Office of Vice President, obstructed justice and lied under oath."
- John Kosmina in ABC Online
I actually had a shot at Frank afterwards. The conversation (in the newspaper) didn't happen - Frank lied, end of story,Kosmina said. "We had a chat but not about any of the things he mentioned. It was a fairly immature, very...