- n a room where books are kept
they had brandy in the library
- n a collection of literary documents or records kept for reference or borrowing
- n a depository built to contain books and other materials for reading and study
- n (computing) a collection of standard programs and subroutines that are stored and available for immediate use
- n a building that houses a collection of books and other materials
- A new library, the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, will open early next year, 12 years after its foundation stone was laid.
- SEATTLE: The glass walls of the library are covered in a steel lattice.
- But the reason I favor an informal little library has to do with the way our attitudes toward death have changed in recent years.
News & Articles
- Library board rehires worker
Library board rehires worker Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:24 pm, Thursday, June 13, 2013 Round Lake The rumble in Round Lake is over. As its first order of business, a newly appointed seven-member Board of Trustees held an emergency meeting Wednesday night and unanimously ...
June 13, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Library director fired without cause
Library Director Nancy Stanbery-Kellam's employment contract was terminated Wednesday.
June 13, 2013 - Gwinnett Daily Post
- Gering library director defends policy on Web porn
Gering library director defends policy on Web porn (AP) — A Gering man whose son saw a man watching online pornography at the city library has complained to library officials, who say their policy doesn't include censoring what others will look at. The association opposes any restrictions on access to library services, materials and facilities, based on the age of library users. The library's ...
June 13, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle