- n the act of writing dictionaries
- Benjamin Franklin, Andrew Carnegie, Teddy Roosevelt and even Noah Webster, father of American lexicography, all lobbied for spelling reform, their reasons ranging from traumatic .
- Thus the longtime guardian ' of Italian lexicography, the Accademia della Crusca in Florence, faces a touchy job of arbitration between pedantry and colloquialism.
- On his visit to Washington last week, Moscow spokesman Ilya Ehrenburg (see PRESS) made two important scientific contributionsone to lexicography, one to.
News & Articles
- Founder Stories: When It Comes To Open-Source Technologies, Reverb’s Tony Tam Has A Word For It
Have you ever watched a TED talk and thought, "That should be a company!" Well, that's happened a few times, I'm sure, and one of them is right here in Silicon Valley. Years ago, wordsmith Erin McKean delivered a TED talk on her vision around the lexicography and meaning of words. This particular talk struck a chord with an investor named Roger McNamee, who in turn encouraged the team to build a ...
March 13, 2014 - TechCrunch