leonine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or characteristic of or resembling a lion
- Dark and leonine, Mr Davies has a baritone voice that captivates the audience.
- The commando had a leonine visage, broad shoulders and a quick gait.
- Once with a flowing leonine mane, the disease has left him balding and pallid.
News & Articles
- A Big Litter of Ancient Cats
The gilded sculpture “Leonine Goddess” will be on public view for the first time in the Brooklyn Museum’s show “Divine Felines: Cats of Ancient Egypt.”
July 19, 2013 - New York Times
- Shawn Levy in USA Today
For all the fuss over the sex scenes, the most gripping material in this estimable little film involved Baldwin's leonine old-school casino boss railing against the corporatization of his dirty little world,Levy says. "He hasn't been this...