- n round flat seed of the lentil plant used for food
- n the fruit or seed of a lentil plant
- n widely cultivated Eurasian annual herb grown for its edible flattened seeds that are cooked like peas and also ground into meal and for its leafy stalks that are used as fodder
- And everything else on the lunch menu, from soup (lentil) to nuts (hazel), was locally grown, baked, milked and mixed.
- Both are served with coconut chutney and spicy sambhar (lentil gruel).
- Usually served on a flat metal plate divided into sections, thalis are a traditional Indian meal comprised of vegetable curries, a lentil soup, Indian pickles, flat bread, a .
- Ana Marie Cox in U.S. News & World Report
They have this lentil salad on the train, and it happened almost immediately after that,recalled Cox, who is not sure what caused the "indescribably terrifying" attack.
- Nick Seymour in Winnipeg Sun
They should have gone for the lentil dal, it was amazing,Seymour said of his bandmates.
- Michael Jacobson in San Francisco Chronicle
I think the current pyramid stinks. There's no distinction between a cheeseburger and lentil soup,said Michael Jacobson, executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, one of several consumer groups and food lobbying...