- a of or relating to or suitable for Lent
- Carnival here has its roots in the 18th century, begun by slaves who would dress in costumes to mock their French and Spanish masters during their own pre-lenten festivities.
News & Articles
- Local Students Take Top Prizes at Intel International Fair
Nineteen members of Knights of Columbus Council 7091 of Cypress Gardens were recently recognized for contributing to the success of six Lenten Fish Dinner fundraisers held each Friday evening during Lent in the community room at St. Matthew's Catholic Church in Winter Haven.
July 8, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- Bill Donohue in Forbes
It's become a rite of passage in the Lenten season,said Bill Donohue, head of the Catholic League, an anti-defamation group. "It's not a matter of 'Let's agree to disagree,' it's a matter of 'Let's undermine Christianity.'"
- Cardinal Roger Mahony in Whittier Daily News
We have truly been on a long Lenten journey over these past two years,Archdiocese of Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahony said in his annual Lenten message in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Online
I extend particular greetings to the visitors from Christendom College,Pope Benedict XVI said at the close of his address. "May this Lenten season purify your hearts and renew your faith and your hope in the mystery of Christ our Redeemer....