- n a period of 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday
- v bestow a quality on
- v give temporarily; let have for a limited time
- v have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open or vulnerable to
- With a diary kept in a secret attic, she braved the Nazis and lent a searing voice to the fight for human dignity.
- The celebrated thriller director lent his name, wit and rotund silhouette to this anthology of suspense, mystery and horror tales.
- Some 30 years ago, the field of microfinance was born from a radical concept: poor people, when lent small amounts of money, will pay it back in a timely manner.
News & Articles
- DRF Breeding Standout: Fort Larned's half-brother shines on Foster undercard
Lent, a half-brother to Breeders\' Cup Classic winner Fort Larned, set the stage for a big night for his connections, defeating a field of well-bred runners in a maiden special weight event Saturday night at Churchill Downs, just hours before his famed older relative romped in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster Handicap.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Are Credit Unions Saying No to More Small Businesses?
During the Great Recession, banks battered by the financial crisis lent less to small businesses. Credit unions picked up some of the slack, using comparatively strong financial health to fill the demand for small business loans.
June 15, 2013 - BusinessWeek
- Paris Hilton to 'The Bling Ring' Cast: 'Don't Burn My House Down' (Video)
The heiress famously lent her real-life home to director Sofia Coppola for filming, but not without issuing a stern warning to her actors. read more
June 14, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Wen Jiabao in Washington Post
We have lent a huge amount of money to the US Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried,Wen said.
- Bill Frist in ABC News
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., said that Kirkpatrick, the first woman to serve as US ambassador to the UN, "stood up for the interests of America while at the UN, lent a powerful moral voice to the Reagan foreign policy and has been a...