- n a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images
- n genus of small erect or climbing herbs with pinnate leaves and small inconspicuous white flowers and small flattened pods: lentils
- n (metaphor) a channel through which something can be seen or understood
the writer is the lens through which history can be seen
- n biconvex transparent body situated behind the iris in the eye; its role (along with the cornea) is to focuses light on the retina
- n electronic equipment that uses a magnetic or electric field in order to focus a beam of electrons
- Complaints about extended-wear lenses are on the rise.
- Today's featherweight plastic contact lenses are invaluable to many nearsighted and farsighted people.
- These sunglasses don't just look coolthey also house a tiny digital camera lens (which peeks out from a pinhole opening above the right lens) as well as a miniature display .
News & Articles
- Local Lens
Send your LOCAL LENS photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the name of the photographer, when and where it was taken and any other pertinent information.
June 21, 2013 - Juneau Empire
- Lens design may not be last for Pier
As controversy mounts, St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce suggests taking a longer look at alternatives to "Lens" design for St. Pete's Pier.
June 21, 2013 - ABC Action News Tampa Bay
- Cooper Biofinity Lens Does Well - Analyst Blog
CooperVision, a part of The Cooper Companies Inc. ( COO ), a company focused on contact lens and women's health, recently revealed that its Biofinity brand was the most rapidly growing
June 21, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Patrick Leahy in BusinessWeek
Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, a Vermont Democrat, said in a statement it was "unsurprising" that her law clerk memos "were mindful of Justice Marshall's longstanding jurisprudence, and that her recommendations to him applied the lens...
- Michelle Obama in CBS News
I am a product of a working-class background, I am one of those folks who grew up in that struggle. That is the lens through which I see the world,Michelle Obama said, referring to her family that lived on the South side of Chicago on her...
- Sheldon Whitehouse in International Herald Tribune
But Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, also a Democrat, responded, "We look through the lens of the past to judge how much we can trust you."