led : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n diode such that light emitted at a p-n junction is proportional to the bias current; color depends on the material used
- v take somebody somewhere
- v have as a result or residue
- v tend to or result in
- v travel in front of; go in advance of others
- v cause to undertake a certain action
Her greed led her to forge the checks
- v stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
His knowledge doesn't go very far
- v be in charge of
- v be ahead of others; be the first
- v be conducive to
- v lead, as in the performance of a composition; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- v lead, extend, or afford access
- v move ahead (of others) in time or space
- v cause something to pass or lead somewhere
- v preside over
- After 911, I was a witness and therefore a party to the actions that led us to the invasion of Iraq--an unnecessary war.
- Before February 5th, Clinton Led New York By 28 Points.
- On the last working day of the Johnson Administration in January 1969, the Justice Department filed suit against International Business Machines, accusing it of monopolizing the .
News & Articles
- Led by 70% Growth in Department Store Membership -- Retail Flexes Its Loyalty Marketing Muscles, 2013 COLLOQUY Loyalty ...
Beware frequent flyer programs and credit card rewards because U.S. retailers – led by department, drug and specialty stores – have captured the spotlight in the 2013 COLLOQUY Loya
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Sheriff: Man Led Officers On 32-Mile Chase
An Eden man led law enforcement on a 32-mile chase after they say he kidnapped his girlfriend.
June 17, 2013 - WFMY News 2 Greensboro
- LED High Bay Light operates in hazardous areas.
Rated at 240 W, Model HAL-HB-240W-LED comes close to replicating 1,000 W metal halide illumination. Unit is available with 19, 25, 40, or 125° optic configuration, and is designed for Class 1 Division 2 areas where dusts or vapors are expected only under unusual situations. Operating on 90–277 Vac, 50/60 Hz, standard 19,000 lumen configuration is available in 6,500, 4,300, and 3,500 k ...
June 17, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
This is a choice between the policies that led us into the mess or the policies that are leading us out of the mess,Obama said at a rally for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. "It's a choice between falling backward and moving forward."
- Benjamin Netanyahu in TIME
Obviously, we hope that it's possible to stop Iran's programs by this US-led effort to put maximum pressureon the Iranians, especially their main energy sector, Netanyahu said.
- Barbara Boxer in CNN
Boxer said she's voting no because Bernanke "played a lead role in crafting the Bush administration's economic policies, which led to the current economic crisis."