lecturing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n teaching by giving a discourse on some subject (typically to a class)
- v deliver a lecture or talk
- v censure severely or angrily
- The words are smart, but the delivery just behind the beat, in a voice that sounds like Miles Davis lecturing on Robitussin is hypnotic.
- Obama moved there as a newly minted lawyer specializing in civil rights cases and lecturing at the university's law school.
- He ranges the world lecturing, making TV appearances and turning out a stream of books and articles.
News & Articles
- The Dog from Call of Duty: Ghosts Is Incredible
The E3 demo for Call of Duty: Ghosts was straight from the cookie cutter. We heard a few opening remarks, from a dude who dispassionately stuck the word “epic” into as many sentences as possible, before he turned it over another another dude, who started lecturing us on nitty-gritty graphical trickery. Tesselation! Volumetric lighting! SubD, which is short for “sub-divide!” Snooze. But then came ...
June 13, 2013 - Techland
- NEJM Sheds Light On Payments To Doctors
It should come as no surprise that pharmaceutical companies pay doctors for a variety of reasons such as research, lecturing, and teaching. Such payments are justified as these physicians tend to be in demand as experts and their expertise is valued. They can?t be expected to do this work pro bono ? their time is valuable. However, such payments are viewed with great suspicion. Industry critics ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Andrew Lansley in Nursing Times
Discussing current methods of tackling obesity and public health generally, Lansley said: "If we are constantly lecturing people and trying to tell them what to do, we will actually find that we undermine and are counterproductive in the results...
- Donald Johanson in International Herald Tribune
As I travel around the country lecturing, people seem to have a deep interest in their origins, in their roots,Johanson said.
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
You've got the spokesman for a group of countries lecturing us about not having signed Kyoto yet the great bulk of the countries on whose behalf he speaks are falling well behind their Kyoto targets and are doing less well in meeting them,Mr...