leaved : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v go away from a place
- v go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness
- v act or be so as to become in a specified state
- v leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking
- v move out of or depart from
- v make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
- v have as a result or residue
- v remove oneself from an association with or participation in
- v put into the care or protection of someone
- v leave or give by will after one's death
- v have left or have as a remainder
- v be survived by after one's death
- v transmit (knowledge or skills)
- v leave behind unintentionally
- s having leaves or leaves as specified; often used in combination
- Scientists discovered several years ago that 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) would kill broad-leaved plants while leaving grasses alone.
- It also damaged a few broad-leaved trees.
- Experimenting with synthetic plant hormones, Jones found that one killed broad-leaved plants instead of stimulating growth, leaving such narrow-leaved plants as corn unscathed; it .
News & Articles
- Garden Tip: Succulents make containers easy
Some of the hottest plants this season are succulents. With a wide range of foliage colors and textures, they are perfect for container gardens, terrariums and miniature landscapes. At the Growing Place, we love succulents for their huge range of thick foliage in many colors, including blue, green, yellow, red, purple and variegated. You can find large, paddle-leaved kalanchoes, creeping sedums ...
June 20, 2013 - The Beacon News