leatherneck : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of the United States Marine Corps
- The Marine Corps Chevron at San Diego gathered and published a glossary of leatherneck slang heavily flavored with Chinese, Tagalog, pidgin English and plain Navy.
- In plain leatherneck language, Colonel Heinl said that the Milice Civile was becoming Haiti's primary armed force, while the constitutional army was being neglected.
- Colonel Peck, a leatherneck in the classic tradition, stood his ground and flatly said: "It's a lie.
News & Articles
- WIU Making A Difference
Western Illinois student-athletes, coaches and administration continued to give back to Macomb and the surrounding communities during the 2012-13 school year. Leatherneck Athletics donated a total of 2,411.6 hours of time and raised a total of $7,584.60 for various groups.
June 11, 2013 - CBS4 Quad Cities
- Lonedell Solider Wishes Dad Happy Fathers Day from Afghanistan
Army 1LT Maretie Wagner of Lonedell sends a Father's Day greeting from Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan. Maretie is the daughter of Stanley Wagner of Lonedell, MO.
June 11, 2013 - The Missourian
- WIU Football Picks Up 2 QC Players
Western Illinois received commitments from high school recruits Adam Hoogerwerf (Rock Island/Alleman) and Cole Picchiotti (Davenport, Iowa/Pleasant Valley) to join head coach Bob Nielson and the Leatherneck Football program.
June 7, 2013 - CBS4 Quad Cities