latitude : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
- n freedom from normal restraints in conduct
allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money
- n an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- n scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
- Until the final hours, they could narrow the area of eventual impact only to a vast global band between 50 north latitude and 50 south latitudea sweep of about 109 .
- By latitude, you're a little south of Vietnam's China Beach, a little north of Phuket, and about level with the Philippinesa position that helps explain the stunning combination .
- Conservatives have long distrusted Gonzales, but until now many hesitated to criticize him publicly in the current controversy out or respect for the broad latitude they believe .
News & Articles
- Dell Latitude 3330 review: The embodiment of a no-frills notebook
On the day we reviewed the Latitude 3330, the “starting price” online was $801.14, but the “Dell price” was $560.80. On the day you look, those numbers could be different. What won’t change is the fact that this 13.3-inch notebook with Windows 7 Pro is aimed at buyers working with very tight budgets. Just remember that you get what you pay for. Dell The Latitude 3330's 13.3-inch display is not a ...
June 14, 2013 - PC World
- R-Link Available for Renault Mégane and Latitude
PARIS – June 11, 2013: The integrated Renault R-Link multimedia tablet is now available for the Mégane range and Latitude, following on from its introduction on the New Renault Scénic and Scénic Xmod a few weeks ago.
June 11, 2013 - The Auto Channel
- Duncanville Independent School District Enhances Learning with Dell Latitude 10 Essentials Configuration
Dell announced today that Duncanville Independent School District in Texas has selected Dell’s Latitude 10 essentials configuration for its digital learning initiative. The school district will provide classrooms in third through eighth grade with the tablets running Windows 8 to activate them as e-readers and access school applications and the internet, helping to increase interactivity and ...
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Vic Gundotra in PC World
Announcing Google Latitude, Google's Vic Gundotra wrote: "Everything about Latitude is opt-in. You not only control exactly who gets to see your location, but you also decide the location that they see. For instance, let's say you are in Rome....
- Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone in FOXNews
Nevertheless, efforts to harmonize the rules governing criminal and national security matters also raise potential civil liberties concerns, given the broader latitude currently given to investigators to consider race and ethnicity in national... Arlen Specter http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlen_Specter&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGw01bTf5CKET4_0ONvWTND1tHnOg TIME http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1833895,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNERHE2KerAZjiO_9FtgaGpYlSp80w Aug 19, 2008
57088 75787 latitude Human nature doesn't change with parliamentary majorities," Bertone said, "and not even with the passing of time, with the changing of latitude or longitude."